Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Any day now

Pin It For anyone interested, here's a little baby update. Last Friday, I was dilated to 2 cm and 85% effaced. I have been having contractions off and on, maybe a couple each day. A couple of nights ago, I was up for 1 1/2 hours with regular contractions about 15 minutes apart, but then they went away. Anyway, an induction date was set for Monday the 21st, which is this coming Monday. This is the soonest my doctor will induce, at 39 weeks, or 7 days early. I officially could have been induced this Sunday, but Sunday is a day of rest, not labor! Anyway, this will be the birth day, unless baby decides to come sooner. Averie came 5 days early, Kempton 10 days. I know every pregnancy and delivery is different, but at least I know the longest I have to wait is 6 days! We are so excited to find out if this is a boy or girl. We have our emergency plans in place (Thanks Jared and Summer, and both Grandmas)! I got a new burst of energy this week and have been obsessively "nesting," I even insisted that we get our carpets cleaned today. Is this considered CRAZY? Poor Kempton has no idea what is about to happen, Averie is very excited to have a little sister (should be interesting if it's a boy), Cale is ready to have his wife back (he is pretty much the physical work horse around here lately), and I have a million thoughts running through my mind at any given time. The suspense is unbearable!

8 comments:

Reisdorfer Ramblings said...

Oh happy day. Those last few days are almost unbearable, when you know the exact day of induction. We hope everything goes well. I will hope for a girl for Averie, since Kempton shouldn't really care, for now at least!
Love ya guys,
Denise

Ponczoch Family said...

I am so excited for you! It will be so fun to see if Averie is right or not!

Marcie said...

I can not wait!!! I think I will be getting a phone call sooner then Monday. You are such a great Mom. We will keep you in our prayers. Miss ya sooo much!!!

Forrest and Jennie said...

Woo hoo! This is so exciting! I can't believe the baby is almost here. I wish I could be there. You are in our prayers. You will do awesome! Love you and miss you tons! Luv, Jennie

Peterson's said...

We have been waiting to here from you now. Your mom said something about you being in labor last sunday but we never heard anything. And no you are not crazy, I hear most women get in a cleaning frenzie right before they go into labor....it never happened to me but of course I was never dialating...
love ya, call us

mamapickle said...

Can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl. Love this blog thing to keep in touch with everyone. Good luck!

Ry and Wendi said...

hey long lost friend...good luck with everything...we are not too far behind you expeting a little girl on Feb 10...hope all goes well! Thanks for the Christmas card...check us out at http://ryan-mortensenfamily.blogspot.com

Peterson's said...

any news???? we are waiting to hear! We are sooooo excited.