Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to the one person I know who never had an ugly stage

Pin It
It's my big brother's birthday today.

Let me tell you a little story about Chad.


When I was a Freshman in high school, he was a Senior (and the object of every girl's fantasy). He was the coolest person I knew. And later (once we were both adults) I found out he was also my biggest fan. I ran track in high school, but because I was a bratty teenager and would get very nervous when people I knew watched my races, I FORBID my parents from watching me or coming to my meets. I think my parents didn't know what to do (they are very supportive and would attend every one of my brothers' and sister's sporting events), but they respected my wishes. Come to find out, my brother Chad would sneak into the stadium and secretely watch some of my meets. I never saw him though. Somehow he knew that I was running the Varsity relay race as a Freshman. And he knew that I won second in Valley for the 400 meter (the girl that beat me was a long-legged African-American. Just had to add that in). :) I believe he was the one who told me I had won MVP my freshman year because I didn't show up to the awards banquet.


I never truly put 2 and 2 together until many years later. But to this day it means the world to me.


I know he thinks I didn't like getting attention because of him, but the truth is it didn't really bother me. It actually had its perks! ;)


Here are some more Chad facts. He's gonna kill me:


*He's never had an ugly stage. I am serious. Not even at age 13.


*He served a mission for our church in the same area where my husband is from and where I now live. He still knows all the roads and streets!


*He has a heart of gold and would do anything for his family and extended family.


*I love talking with him on the phone. He is verbal and opinionated like me, so we can talk forever.


*He is a male nurse. Like Gaylord Focker. But not just any nurse, he's in cardiac surgury and is very good at his job.


*I better stop now before he really does kill me!


Happy Birthday Chad!


Here's all of us.


No comments: