Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gratitude

Pin It I've only been a mother of three by myself 1 1/2 days. For the past five weeks, I have had continual help. Cale was Mr. Mom for the first week, my Mom came to help for two weeks after that, and then Cale's Mom came for the last two weeks. I just really want to express my appreciation to both of our Moms for their service. It was wonderful to have them stay with us and be apart of our little family. Averie and Kempton really needed the attention from their sweet Grandmas, it was also very special for them to bond with Brenna. I know it took A LOT of energy to care for our three small children, but it seems as though they were both blessed with extra bursts of energy. They really went above and beyond... playing with Averie and Kempton, making delicious meals, cleaning up after all of us, letting me sleep in, caring for our newborn, changing stinky bums, listening and giving great advice, and so much more! I don't know how we could have transitioned as smoothly without their help, especially when I came down with a yucky case of mastitis during both of their stays. After five weeks of help, I now feel ready to tackle being a mother of our three precious little ones all by myself. Amazingly as I write, Averie is playing quietly by herself with snow from outside and both Kempton and Brenna are napping! I need to end this post before someone needs mommy, but I wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation for our mothers. I truly believe their help was my answer to prayer as I have anticipated the arrival of our third child in three years. I didn't know how we were going to do it and at times I felt overwhelmed by the thought of three children so close in age. I have come to know that this is Heavenly Father's plan for Cale and I. I know He has entrusted us with three sweet children and that He does have faith in our ability to love and care for Averie, Kempton, and Brenna. So with this said, I am grateful to our patient, loving, generous, wise, and sweet mothers who came to prepare us for what we knew would be a beautiful challenge. Hopefully we can take it from here. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

The Little's said...

Aren't we so bless to have such wonderful families? I'm so glad that things are going so well for you...you're an inspirations to us parents of 2 (I'm in awe of you, really...)

Marcie Tess said...

Suzette, I loved reading your Gratitude post. It was beautifully written. I have no doubt that being a Mother of 3 for you will only bring joy and happiness. I have no doubt that you will tackle the challenge and leave us all in awe of what a great mother you are.