Well, after seven years in the Motor City, we are packin' up and headin' west. Cale put in his resignation at Chrysler today as he has accepted a position as the Director of Education at WyoTech in Laramie, Wyoming. We are still kind of in shock ourselves that this is happening as never in a million years did we ever think we would do anything other than visit Wyo the rest of our lives. WyoTech is a division of Corinthian Colleges Incorporated http://www.cci.edu/ which is a very good company that promises a great future. If you really care you can check out WyoTech at: http://www.wyotech.edu/.
While we are excited about the possibility of moving on, it has turned out to be a very bitter sweet scenario for us to leave Michigan. We will miss all the great friends we have made, siblings and all sorts of cousins nearby, the beautiful summer and fall season, an awesome neighborhood and community in Clarkston, and the cool jobs that provided the wonderful lifestyle we have enjoyed for so long. After owning two homes, having three kids, and spending 7 of 9 years of marriage here, the Detroit area is where we call home and we are finding it hard to leave. In fact Averie already points to her hand to show people where she lives (inside joke for Michiganders only).
Anyway, in looking toward making Laramie our new home, these are some of the pros and cons that we will be dealing with:
1. Pro: Laramie is a small college town in the mountains with lots of fun outdoor activities, as well as those wide open clear blue western skies--Con: It is probably warmer in Detroit.
2. Pro: The Director of Education gets a reserved parking spot!!--Con: Has anybody seen Cale's car......an embarrassment that surely should not be driven to an institution that prides itself on custom hot rod building amongst other things.
3. Pro: Laramie has a Super Wal-Mart!!--Con: That is the extent of the shopping.
4. Pro: We will be 45 minutes away from Cale's home town of Cheyenne, WY.--Con: Cale actually has more siblings in Detroit than anywhere else.
5. Pro: Finally we can get the Bronco games every week and football starts at a decent hour.--Con: The Broncos fired their Superbowl coach and traded the star QB.....they will probably be as bad as the Lions next year.
Anyway, we are excited about our new era in life, please stop in and say Hi when you are snow stranded on I-80 as you are passing through!!!