Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Fitness Friday: The BEST Way to Stay in Shape

Pin It
One of THE best ways that I have found to stay in shape during the winter months is to run a 5k on the treadmill at least once each week. Normally when I run, I like to keep a moderate pace where my endurance kicks in and I feel like I can run forever. However, I find that I can get too comfortable as a runner. So this is when get out of my comfort zone and push myself HARD to run a 5k on the treadmill. Usually I feel like I'm sprinting (especially because I am short, therefore making the treadmill harder for me). I love the feeling of being sore the next day plus my moderate runs get easier and easier. During this hard run, I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO DIE and I DON'T ENJOY IT, but upon completion, I feel good about myself, like I could accomplish anything. It's a high. It's like a DRUG.

Just click on this table below and... start this week!


I'd love to hear all about your treadmill 5k, or any comments and questions about running.


So in the spirit of 5k season, which is quickly approaching or already here (depending on where you live), I have created a Treadmill Training Schedule that will get you prepare to run your fast 5k.
I have two challenges for you starting, um, now:



(1) complete one competitive outdoor 5k this season



and



(1) Run a HARD 5k on the treadmill once a week. Who knows, it may turn you into a "runner!"




Are you up to the challenge?
There are no excuses, I have a good friend (Nicole) who does the same thing and has beaten her 21-year-old 5k time. And by the way, she's in her mid thirties.


Please leave a comment, follow the blog, and follow on facebook if you click the link.



Click this table below:







Schedule instructions: The first chart is the actual 6-week schedule. You would run on Monday or Tuesday, Wed or Thurs, and Sat (depending on what works for you), a total of 3 times each week. The following charts are the actual treadmil runs you would follow. You will notice they start at 0 minutes and end at 28 minutes. You will need to manually adjust the speed as you run.


No comments: