In our weight loss group we love to share new foods we have discovered. Try swapping healthy food ideas among your friends. It's a sure-fire way to keep things exciting as you are losing or maintaining your weight!
I love a little crunch in all my foods, (including ice cream) so this is perfect!
- It's pretty high in sugar (13g), but has 32% daily value in fiber.
- It is also high in protein.
- 1 cup serving has 190 calories, so I usually reduce to 3/4 cup and it is very filling!
So Delicious Milk
This is a delicious discovery for those who are lactose-intolerant or don't enjoy milk. It really is "So Delicious!"
- Creamy, smooth, and wonderful.
- It tastes better than any non-dairy milk I have tried (soy, almond, rice, etc). It beats them all!
- It is fortified with the correct ratio of minerals for calcium absorption (Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Calcium).
- It is dairy and soy free.
- 1 cup has 80 calories and 5 grams fat
- Doesn't taste like coconut
- I like "original"
Silk Pure Coconut Milk
Beware of peanut butter because it is high in calories! However, peanut butter is a great source of monounsaturated (good) fat and fiber, so it is perfectly fine in small doses.
- This peanut butter is natural and includes Omega-3 and Flax seed.
- Taste is superb to regular peanut butter
- Only 3 g sugar
- For 2 tablespoons, there is 15 g fat and 200 calories, 1 tbsp usually does it for me.
- Drink this plain.
- Or add flavoring to it (something like MiO)
Special K Cracker Chips
- Great substitute if you are used to high calorie crackers or chips
- Excellent snack
- You can eat 27 chips for just 110 calories!
- Appropriate amount of fiber (3g)
- Beware of sodium (10%)
See?!?! Losing weight CAN be delicious!
Stay tuned for the next "These are a Few of my Favorite Foods!"