Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas is Finally Over

Pin It
Sometimes I get so behind in life and the To Do List is so long that I can't seem to muster up the desire to do anything at all.  The same goes for blogging.  Keeping up can be overwhelming .  I am amazed at some professional bloggers who have their Christmas posts up the day after Christmas (I guess money is always a good incentive to stay on task.  ha!).  I have all of these fun ideas for nutrition and health posts, but I never get around to actually posting them.  Sorry about that (whoever actually reads this blog).

It's been almost a month, but because of this post, I can officially say that Christmas is finally over.  
Done and done.    

We headed over to Cheyenne to spend the rest of Christmas day with family.  The kids exchanged gifts with their cousins, we ate dinner, and had fun playing and lounging.
    



This will be a classic photo in years to come:


We were lucky enough to have Josh and Marcie's family spend the night at our house, where I truly bombed out on hosting but enjoyed staying up way too late as usual.  I love seeing my husband so happy (and even funnier then his normally very funny self) when he is around his brother.  I think they both missed their lot in life as either a brotherly duo stand-up comedians, or possibly even brothers coaching rival NFL football teams in the Superbowl.  

(Just have to point out Averie's gorgeous makeup)     

A big thank you to Will and Paul (brother-in-laws) and my father-in-law for spending many hours hanging drywall in the basement.  They were workaholics and spent much of their Christmas vacation helping us out. After their work, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel in the basement.

The rest of my Christmas vacation was spent in bed.  Literally five. days. straight.  I kept thinking that my body aches and high fever would go away, but they never did, they just got worse.  Finally after waking up on day four with noticeably swollen joints in my hands, I decided I had better go get checked out.  On top of that, I was in a lot of pain and restless.  Turns out I had influenza AND parvo disease (fifths disease in adults).  They aren't kidding when they say this year's flu is bad!  I think I would rather be in labor than deal with influenza.  Remind me to get the flu shot next year.  And ALL of my kids.  Kempton got the flu as well, but luckily tamiflu was our saving grace for him.

A big shout out for my husband who was such a fabulous nurse for me and Daddy to our kids while I was laid up during his vacation.  He would bring baby in for me to nurse, served me shrimp scampy for dinner, took the kids swimming, and made me laugh by telling me I looked like a hot mess.  Which I did.  

We spent New Year's Eve together, but forgo-ed the kiss.

No comments: