Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fa la la la la la la la la...

Pin It
We were off to a busy start the first week of December.  I was called again to be over the women's activities in our church (Relief Society Counselor).  This is the fourth time I've had this calling, I calculated about 7 years of my life have been spent serving in this capacity.  Anyway, I had just finished the craft day in November, then went right into planning the Christmas Progressive dinner the first week of December.  We put on a delicious meal and Christmas Program for around 50 women.  It was a success and I enjoyed the process and outcome, but this meant that I didn't think about Christmas until it was over.  The next day at church, I was asked to speak for the Christmas Sacrament meeting (talk about pressure).  Although this was another thing on my list for the month, it turned out to be a really wonderful experience.  It forced me to slow down and focus on the true meaning of Christmas.  With all of this going on,  I felt like I could not catch up the entire month, I was really behind.  Hadn't even purchased one present let alone create a Christmas card.  

Lucky for us, My mom IS on top of things and we got to open most of her creative gifts before Christmas.   

This year we made little gingerbread houses that she sent and wore our Christmas aprons she made.



I found Kinlee in this corner constantly, she loved to read all the accumulated Christmas stories.   

For Christmas Eve, we enjoyed having our Cheyenne family over.  And as tradition has it, I served sun-dried tomato pasta with a festive green salad, asparagus, and sparkling cider!

During dinner prep, we got a hilarious text from Shawn who said, "Our sun-dried tomato pasta is better than your sun-dried tomato pasta."  I think it's so awesome that wherever parents and siblings are for Christmas, we all make the same thing for Christmas Eve.  It keeps us connected even though we don't see each other very often.  

After dinner, the children prepared the nativity program all by themselves, they included many songs that went along with the story.  It was very sweet, and sure impressed Grandma!


Even though our tree looks the same every year, I love to take a picture of it every Christmas Eve.



No comments: