Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Kitty Ate the Easter Bunny

Pin It
I would first like to start out this Easter post with a little story:
We had the carpet laid in the basement the very same day that our family arrived.  The carpet glue smell was strong, so I opened the windows to let the basement air out.  Cale took all the screens off the windows during the building process but I didn't think anything of it.  When the kids got home from school they were so excited about our finished basement that Averie wanted to take a bath in the new bathroom.  After her bath, she came out of the bathroom when much to her shock, there was a bunny rabbit hopping down the hallway.  I heard a blood-curdling scream from downstairs and found out the news myself.  I was panicking as well, but had to be the parent, even though this sort of thing is not in my job description.  I somehow managed to get the little critter in the bathroom and trap it there.  I then called Cale and he rushed home (because he didn't want a bunny to leave poop pellets on our brand new carpet).  He managed to trap it in a box and then we safely took it back out to the field for it to live a long and happy life...or so we thought.  To be continued... 

The next day we went to the University's Easter egg hunt.  My cousin Seth and Jenn met us for a fun day.  They moved about an hour away, so we get to have even more family close by.  Their little baby Porter was always on the move, so I couldn't catch her in any photos.

The hunt was so hectic that poor Brenna ended up with zero eggs.  We will have to reevaluate attending this event in the future.  I think I was more distraught about it than them.  They all seemed just fine and had a great time.  



The mad dash


Averie met up with some friends and for some reason, they carried her everywhere.

That night, we finally got around to dying eggs.  




So the Easter bunny story gets even better...My brother woke up the next morning and told us about their eventful night.  He woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of thumping.  He assumed it was the bunny back in our window well.  This went on for a while and it was hard for him to sleep.  Then at about 2:30 am, he was startled awake by the screaming bunny.  He got out his cell phone to shed some light on the situations, where much to his dismay there was a cat murdering the poor little bunny!  We don't have a cat, so it must be the neighborhood kitty that I've never seen.  Then Easter morning came and our poor kiddos had to deal with bunny guts all over our lawn.  We had to reassure the little ones that this wasn't the actual Easter bunny all over everywhere.  Yuck and gross.  It's just so ironic that all of these bunny stories happened on Easter weekend!  

Here is Brenna showing me the bunny's tail (and yes, I made her scrub her hands after this)!  I was just impressed Brenna was brave enough to do this, it is very unlike her.

Easter morning lineup, with both baby's mouths full of candy

Uncle Shawn and his helper Averie made delicious deviled eggs.

Kinlee's chillin' in her new Dora sunglasses 

Here's our cute kids in their Easter best.  We managed to take this after church, before Kinlee's nap.

We had so much fun with our cousins (especially since the kiddos had free reign on the basement for the first time)! 

No comments: