Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Summer of Visitors

Pin It
The best thing happened this summer.  You see, I have two of the best cousins in the world, one from my Mom's side of the family, and the other from my Dad's.  They are more like sisters to me actually.  We were very close growing up and have continued our friendships as adults. 

It was just coincidental that both of them came to visit this summer, a few weeks apart.  The ironic part is they both came with their Moms (my aunts) and of course their cute kids!

Megan and aunt Beckie came first, and Seth's wife Jenn came over for one of the days as well.  Our kids hit it off and we caught up on life with late nights and laughs.




   

Then for the 4th of July, Jennie and aunt Sharon came.  Forrest met them at our house, so Cale had a buddy.  

We took them to Vedauwoo one of the days, for tin foil dinners and s'mores.  And the Dads took the kids (excluding Kinlee and Brynn) for some "bouldering" all the way up the mountain.  Every time my kids do this I can't stand to watch, it scares me to death.  But Cale reassures me they are safe and careful.  Us Mom's (and Grandma) were not relaxed until their feet were firmly planted on the ground.

You can see them, as tiny specks, making their way up the mountain.

They made it to the top and did one quick pose for us at the edge.  

Daddy's got some shots from the top.  Beautiful view but holy cow, my stomach is in the throat just looking at this picture!


Kinlee loves baby Brynn 




 It was nonstop entertainment and fun for several weeks with all of these cousins!



No comments: