Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Averie's big day

Pin It
Here's Averie striking a few poses before her first day of preschool. She was VERY EXCITED!



Mrs. French is very huggable. This is how each student starts the day, it's very sweet.


We can't believe our Averie baby has started preschool! Averie attends a co-op preschool where parents are required to help out....A LOT. The first day of school, all of the parents stayed, which I loved (and got a little teary eyed) , but was a HUGE dissapointment for Averie. I didn't know this until we were driving in the car on our way home. She told me that she wanted to go to preschool by herself next time. Unfortunately for her, I had volunteered to help in the classroom the next time. I told her this news and I could sense some dissapointment. This was honestly no surprise to me and didn't hurt my feelings because Averie has always been so independent and adventurous. Anyway, I was a little worried to help because I didn't want to get in her way. It made my day when during circle time she chose to come and sit on MY lap.
Averie's funniest for the weekend:
We were in a restroom at a restaurant and Averie is in the stall by herself. Out of nowhere she says, "Mommy, when I get bigger I'll have a different voice!" Not sure where that came from, but somehow she realized her voice is much cuter than mine.

7 comments:

Our Family said...

Ben loves his 2 hours of independence every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at pre school. Ben's class goes on one field trip every month, which parents are more than welcome to tag along. Last year Ben loved that I went to all of them, but this year when we were getting ready to go on the first one of the year he told me to stay home. Luckily for me, I was able to talk him into letting me go. I just don't want to miss out on all his fun adventures. I guess I'm going to have to loosen the reins a little more.

Seth and Jenn Clark said...

So scary! I can't believe you have one old enough to go to Preschool! Good work at looking good still! :)

Muse said...

Suzette - she is so darling!! What a cute kid!

mamapickle said...

look at all her adorable blonde curls! She is so cute :)

The Asays said...

Cale and Suzette,
we just found your blog. You have such cute kids! It sounds like you are doing well. Let us know the next time that you will be in Cheyenne. We are only a couple hours away. Take Care!

Brig & Kim Asay

The Little's said...

I love preschool! Helping is definitely lots of fun (we do a lot at Ekena's preschool, too). I found that I just try to stay out of E's way when I am there with her and I engage a lot of the other kids. This has really helped her to not be so shy.

Peterson's said...

Is she showing off her bummy? Haha! So exciting!