Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kiss Me,

Pin It
I'm Irish. I think I'm mostly Scottish actually, but you'd think we are 100% Leprechaun with all the red hair around here.

I recognize that to most people St. Patty's Day is a beer-fest, but at our house it is just an excuse to be silly. Not that we ever need an excuse for that!
This morning we started off with green scrambled eggs (no pics taken, it looked disgusting), green muffins (turned out blue), and green milk.

For snack, we made this easy and fun food craft from my favorite website (http://www.superhealthykids.com/). All we did was paint bread with milk. We made rainbows and dyed the milk with food coloring. Then we toasted it and ate it with jam. The kids also wanted yogurt so we dyed it green as well!





For dinner, Cale made us grilled Reuben Sandwiches (with corned-beef, sour kraut, rye bread, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing). They were DELICIOUS and definitely worthy of a photo. And I made a "green" salad.


And I'll close with a famous Irish saying:

"May God bring health to your enemies enemies!"

No comments: