Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Washington D.C. Getaway

Pin It
It didn't take much to convince my Mom to stay an extra week with the kids while we rendezvou'd to Washington D.C. Every couple needs a little alone time every once in a while!
It was a week devoted to recognizing my talented husband's work accomplishments. I was so proud of him, his school won the divisional award out of 26 schools. Cale also won an individual award, but mainly we liked the free trip. I hope he keeps it up so we can go every year! Shhhhh...don't tell him I said all of this!
The entire week was something just like out of the movies. There is no way I could describe it and do it justice. The gifts, the food, the hotel, the events...everything was OVER THE TOP!

Tablescape. Too bad we are not wine or champagne drinkers...we would have gotten our money's worth!

A shuttle took us back and forth from the hotel to downtown D.C. We got to the sights we didn't get to see six years ago (last time I was very pregnant).

I just had to show you a picture of the fitness center.
I had three hours to myself each day to do whatever the CRAP I wanted!

View inside the hotel from the elevator:



The highlight of the trip was a visit with my close friend Jenna and her family. We met up with Matt and Jenna plus kids, they were our personal tour guides. Boy do I miss her! Thankfully every time we see each other we start where we left off. I know we were the best of friends before we came to earth.

I was spiritually touched during our visit to Mt. Vernon, to walk where George and Martha Washington walked. I was amazed to see a huge tree planted by our first President. Married 41 years, they never had any children. I don't know why this is so fascinating to me. Their mansion and view is beautiful.

Mansion's backyard and view:

Our first event of the dinner took place in this tent in President Washington and Martha's backyard.


For as amazing as this trip was, I took something very special home with me.
I had a confirmation that what I am doing at home with our three children is more important than anything offered through a major corporation. I have no desire to impress anyone but the three little spirits Heavenly Father has entrusted me to nurture and care for. I wouldn't want to trade places with my husband...not even for a day.
The question is...Would those three little children want to trade me in for their Gran...
I'm thinking YES in a heartbeat!


1 comment:

Peterson's said...

SO fun!!!
I LOVE Mount Vernon! Way jealous that you had an event there, that is so cool! And WAY TO BE AWESOME CALE!