Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fitness Friday: Not about fitness

Pin It
Today (and this week for that matter) is craaaaaazy! My friend Nicole and I are speaking at a women's conference all about nutrition, fitness, weight loss, and living a healthy lifestyle. Our brains are overloaded with information we want/need to present. The good thing is that I will have loads of things to post about in the upcoming weeks!

But...speaking of Nicoles....It's my sister Nichole's birthday TODAY!!! I just wanted to publicly tell her that I love and miss her. We don't see each other as much as we would like, so I hope this makes up for that just a little.




I remember the day like it was yesterday (but it was 23 years ago). All of us kids were staying at Aunt Sharon's house waiting for the news. Aunt Sharon got the phone call from Dad, and she enthusiastically screamed, "IT'S A GIRL!" I remember literally jumping up and down for pure JOY! Being sandwiched between two (awesome) brothers, I wanted a sister so very badly! And at the age of 9 1/2, I finally got my wish.



There is so much to admire about Nichole. We are very different. She's bubbly. I'm not. She's enthusiastic about everything. I'm not. She looks more like Mom. Me Dad. But we have a history, and there is nothing like a sister.




She is such a fun auntie.

She is a fashionista and every time I see her she has "reinvented" herself.

Nichole is so much fun, such a forgiving and loving person, very open and not judgemental.

Happy 23rd Birthday! Holy Cow. You are 23? How old does that make me? Crap!




No comments: