Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 9, 2011

Healthy-Eats Monday: Pineapple Salsa

Pin It
I love corn salsa and mango salsa, so when my mother-in-law introduced me to this pineapple salsa, I loved it too! I thought I'd kick off the warmer weather with a summer recipe.


Pineapple is filled with antioxidants, which are responsible for the prevention of cellular damage--the common pathway for cancer, aging, and numerous diseases.


The main antioxidants in pineapple are Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Vitamin C functions in the maintenance of connective tissue (collagen synthesis) such as skin, bones, teeth, blood, epithelial tissue, tendons and ligaments. Vitamin C is also well-known for enhancing immunity. Vitamin A helps with vision and the maintenance of connective tissue and proper bone grown. It's also required for growth, reproduction, immunity, and cancer protection.

So eat your pineapple (but not TOO much if you are like me and your mouth gets raw)! By the way, this recipe is GLUTEN FREE! Even the baked Tostitos!


Click here for printable recipe.

First, finely dice 2 cups of pineapple.


Then add 3 kiwis, finely diced.




Add 1/2 cup both purple onion (finely diced of course) and chopped cilantro.


Add 2 fresh squeezed lime.

I like to let mine chill in the fridge for at least an hour.


Finally, serve with Baked Tostito Scoops!






No comments: