Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Easter

Pin It
This year my intentions for Easter were great but the deliver was (shall I say) half-$*@.  For example, the night of the egg dying, I got through most of making dinner when I told Cale I could no longer stand on my two feet.  I waddled over to the couch and within two seconds I was OUT!  When I woke up, Cale had fed the kids and finished the egg dying.  I arrived to take pictures of the aftermath. 

I had also planned a lovely Family Home Evening that night on the true meaning of Easter and totally bombed out on that, it didn't happen.  Instead, I tried to make up for it with mini conversations throughout the week, but am thinking the message didn't really get through. 

Luckily preschool is in the morning when I'm full of energy so we were able to have a fun Easter party at our house.  We made my old standby bunny masks (I think this is the 4th time I've made them).  We also ate my family's tradition Easter nests along with carrots, sang "Little Bunny Foo Foo," had an egg hunt, and focused on the letter "E" for Easter.  We had a great time! 


Gran sent these colorful flower head pieces for the girls and a yoyo for Kempton.  They all loved their gifts!

Easter morning the Easter bunny hid their baskets throughout the house.  Brenna found hers in the linen closet,

Kempton found his in the master bathroom toilet closet,

and Averie found hers behind the door in the laundry room.  Sneaky Easter bunny! 

In their baskets were cotton candy, a chocolate bunny, peeps, water gun, and goggles.  Then they each got something special just for them.  Garden gloves for Averie, a kite for Kempton, and chalk for Brenna.  And let's not forget their Sunday outfits and spring dress shoes.  
We had church at 9:00 am, so quickly took this picture and ran out the door! 

In the afternoon we headed to Cheyenne and enjoyed the beautiful weather, ate yummy food, and had an egg hunt for the kids.  Grandpa hid all the eggs, very sneakily!  All but Brenna were too fast to catch and take a picture.  Here's my little orphan Annie:   

Easter is a time to reflect on the greatest gift we have all been given: the atonement, death, and resurrection of our Savior.  Although my delivery of this message to my children was sub-par this year, I was able to reflect on it's great meaning.  This year my reflections were especially close to the heart with the passing of my Grandma DeRose.  The resurrection gives me great comfort, to know we will all live again!  One of my favorite Easter/Spring songs is "Consider the Lilies of the Field."  I love the lyrics,

Consider the lilies of the field
How they grow, how they grow
Consider the birds in the sky
How they fly, how the fly

He clothes the lilies of the field
He feeds the birds in the sky
And he will feed those who trust him
And guide them with his eye

Consider the sheep of his fold
How they follow where he leads
Though their paths may wind across the mountain
He knows the meadows where he leads

Consider the sweet, tender children
Who must suffer on the earth
The pains of all of them he carried
From the day of his birth
 
He clothes the lilies of the field
He feeds the lambs in his fold
And he will feed those who trust him
And make their hearts as gold


1 comment:

Amber Hanni said...

I almost cannot stand how cute brenna is. i am so in love with her long hair!