Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Averie's Baptism

Pin It
Averie was baptized on her real 8th birthday.  It was a great day to share with our family and friends.
 


I wanted her to remember this day so I put a lot of thought and effort into the details.  I feel this helped her to better understand this very special occasion.   
 
We did a few things to prepare for the big day.  Leading up to her baptism, we had several Family Home Evenings on baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I love those sweet occasions where the spirit is felt during a lesson as a family in the living room.  Averie also had an interview with the bishop and he shared with us her mature understanding and sweet spirit.  In addition, back in June while in San Diego, Averie's auntie Chelsea took some beautiful pictures of her in her baptism dress.  Here are a few of my favorites:
 








 


The Program


Perriton cousins practicing beforehand

Daddy and Averie all dressed in white.  Averie was very happy to be baptized in a white dress, not a jumper :).

When Averie came out of the water, she leaped into her Daddy's arms, it was the sweetest thing.  I have never seen her smile so big in her life!  That image will be imprinted in my mind for the rest of my life. 

Wonderful Grandparents, who are all such great examples to Averie.  She looks to them for guidance and faith.


 
 
It's Great to be Eight!
 
Mom and Dad back in the day at their baptisms [along with uncle Cory and Grandpa Peterson].
 
 

Cream cheese mints, white chocolate mousse, almond cupcakes, soft sugar cookies, white chocolate-covered pretzels.





 It was a beautiful evening, something to be cherished forever!
[Notice the slide show in the background.  This was a special project I made for Averie.  It was a labor of love and fun to see how my firstborn has grown up and changed over the years.]

 

No comments: