Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January Roundup

Pin It
 Brenna has surely grown over the last year (well...maybe not physically but in other ways!).  I doubt she would have stepped foot on a stage in front of a crowd of people one year ago.  But she made up her mind that she would be brave and since then, she isn't so painfully shy. 
 
Not shy at all actually, just super excited about performing the songs she has been working so hard on.  They all dressed in white as snowflakes.



 
With red scarves and mittens. 
 

We have lots of inside days here, so we make the most of it.


 
We had so much ice and snow on our street that we decided to utilize it.

Happy Kinlee watching the action.
 
She is so proud of herself when she walks on her walking.  Probably because we all enthusiastically cheer her on.  Kinlee also started clapping her hands and shaking her head to say "No."  We think it is the cutest thing ever. 
 

 
It was warm enough one weekend to finally set up our trampoline that Santa gave us.  Kempton stayed out in the cold the entire time to help Daddy. 
 
Brenna tried to help but only made it a few minutes.  Then spent the rest of the time watching out the window with baby sister.


 Their first jump!
 
And first flip!  I am so excited for hours and hours of fun on their new outside toy. 

 
Averie had a cheer performance for University of Wyoming's men's basketball.  It amazes me at how fearless this girl still is.  I would have been terrified to get up in an arena at that age!  I'm so proud of her for being so brave.  She and baby sister were in their matching Wyoming cheer uniforms.    

Can you find her?  She is third from the left with her pom poms up.  She got every move right, cheerleading has been so good for her coordination and balance. 

 
Averie was in charge of the lesson for FHE (family home evening) and chose the topic "genealogy."  I have to admit this is not my favorite topic (yet), so I encouraged her to call her Grandma Perriton (who is the family history buff and devotes much of her life to it) to do a little research. 
 
She also asked if she could look through my keepsake bin and found a few treasures.  This is the hat that my Great Great Grandmother Florence (I'm not the only Flo...she's where I get my namesake) wore to my baby blessing.  And look at the hat box...love it.  Averie also tested Daddy and Mama to see how far back we could go on our family tree.  We need to study up because she was thinking we could do a lot better than we did!
 

1 comment:

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

Love all the new pictures, especially the ones with the trampoline! Reminds me of the overnighters we had sleeping on your trampoline growing up! So fun!
Emily :)