Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 29, 2015

I'm Coming Home

Pin It
Bringing home a newborn baby is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world.  There is such a peace and joy in the home during this precious time.  They bring such a calming affect with them. It is a time for everyone to fall in love all over again, with each other and with the baby.  This picture illustrates it all.  
  

Kinlee hasn't showed any signs of jealousy since the baby's arrival.  She has been nothing but adorable with Levi.  She is soft and gentle, loving and sweet with her new brother.  She loves to talk to him and says, "Ooohhhh, he's SOOOO Cuuuute!" in her little voice.  It melts our hearts and we've been trying to get it on video.  She is constantly giving him tender kisses on his head and admiring his little body.


Daddy rushes home from work to hold Levi, just so he'll lay so peacefully on his chest.  

Everyone loves each other even more.

Once his cord fell out, he got his first bath.  He wasn't a huge fan of it on the first try.  


Our precious little guy.  His skin is perfection!

He's beginning to be more awake these days.  Looks like Brenna's our only blue-eyed baby!


He sure looks like he belongs in this family!  All my babies look so similar...and familiar to me.  

My girl babies look so girly and boy babies look so boyish.  There's no mistaking that he's a BOY, just from his little face!


Brenna loves to lay by him in the sun and hold his hand to take a little nap.  Kinlee thinks he needs all of his stuffed animal lovies to hold. 

The first few weeks have been perfection.  Holding him has been my happy place.  I wish I could sit and snuggle him all day long.  I have spent much more time than what's even normal, but it is never enough.  It's hard to describe, but I have a bit of sadness as I hold and smell his tiny little body.  I will never be the mommy to a newborn baby again.  I am closing this chapter in life and it is hard to move on from.  It makes me soooo sad yet so relieved.  I never understood what it meant to know when a woman is done having children.  But I do now, it is so clear to me.  But each time I feed him, change his diaper, and hold him, I realize that he is growing by the minute.  It's like I'm mourning each day that passes.  It's not sadness, just a bit of a heartache deep inside.  I know that he is my last newborn, that he will be my baby forever.  Just because something is hard doesn't mean it isn't right or good.  And at the same time, I have an overwhelming feeling of joy, that I have the opportunity to get to know this little person who calls me Mama.  

At two weeks, Levi weighs 8 lbs 8 ounces (up past his birth weight...yay!) and is in the 75th% for his length and 50th% for weight.  My babies have perfectly proportional heads (each pediatrician has told me this).  

No comments: