Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Buddy's 1st Birthday

Pin It
Happy 1st birthday to my forever baby! My heart is full today (and a bit achy) as I think about my sweet, crazy, busy, easy, content, chubby, and growing baby boy. Our Levi is a beautiful blessing to us all.




It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that as I see Levi pass each stage, it'll be the last I'll ever see of it.  It's like I have to go through closure over and over again.   I know he is my last, but these milestones are bitter sweet.  Part of me wants to jump up and down that I'll never have to get up multiple times in the middle of the night to nurse a baby, or lug around an infant-carrier.  Then the other part of me wants to curl up in the fetal position and do the ugly cry because I won't always hear the sound of a baby belly laughing on a daily basis, kiss those squishy chubby baby cheeks, or be somebody else's entire world.  This season of life is over, and it's time to move with the upcoming stages of life.  Living in the moment has never been such a priority!   

Levi brings so much joy into our home.  Among the messes, drama, back-talking and sassiness, big kids' schedules, parent stress and worries, toddler tantrums, and tween emotions, our baby boy is our family's comic relief.  He brings many moments of pure joy, and reminds us all of the love we feel for each other.  It won't be long until he adds to all of this chaos, but I imagine his sweet spirit will always be an influence of happiness in our home.  

At one year, our little buddy...

still sleeps through the night
is a super fast crawler
says "Mama"
loves reading stories
gets into anything and everything
empties every cupboard and drawer
stands up on his own
wants to keep up his older brother and sisters
loves toy cars
shows his excitement by shaping his mouth in the shape of an "O", points, and say's and airy "Oooohh"
eats most everything
loves oatmeal, bananas, lunch meat, baby yogurt, spaghetti, cheerios
takes a bottle 
is still nursing once or twice a day

Grandpa and Gran were here for Thanksgiving so we just had a little family birthday party.  He's getting the hang of opening presents, just in time for Christmas!













You can tell by his expressions that he was confused about his birthday cupcake.  
It did nothing for him! haha




No comments: