Here are nine little things I love about our surprise:
6) She has a way of turning around any negative situation and making everyone feel happy again. She's funny, goofy, silly, and makes us giggle all the time. As parents we find ourselves looking at each other from across the room and laughing together and the adorable and funny things she says and does.
1) Her face. That tiny little fairy-child face of hers is the cutest thing I've ever seen. She's literally been called a fairy-child countless of times, from all different people. Something about it...the dimples, the round rosy cheeks, big smile, tiny solid body, speckled little freckles, and sparkle in her eye makes you think she's literally going to sprout wings and fly around, and use all kinds of fairy dust.
2) Her laugh is contagious. No joke, she laughs all the time. Wide open mouth with head held back and from the belly. She isn't afraid to shine her light. To us as her family, to cousins, to friends, to teachers, to complete strangers. She just smiles and brightens up the day.
3) She's a little mama. She still loves make believing she's a mommy. She creates permanent homes for all of her babies, and is devastated if I try to clean up her baby houses. Whenever I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she says "A Mom." It melts my heart to see her nurturing spirit, caring and loving all whom she can "mother."
4) She's got "skills" and is very coordinated. Anything she puts her mind to, she has the drive and the coordination. Soccer, basketball, dance, etc. She has a competitive spirit and wants to do her best. With a bunch of spunk thrown in there too. And all the while with a huge smile on her face, even when the game isn't going her way.
5) Brenna is a friend to all. She has a lot of friends who adore her. All the years she's been going to school, her teachers have said how much everyone loves Brenna. She tries really hard to include everyone and even when a friend hurts her feelings, she gives them the benefit of the doubt. She thinks the best in those she loves. This year at her parent-teacher conference, her teacher told us that "she want to put little Brenna in her pocket and carry her around with her." In other words, she is so very likable. See what I mean about the "fairy-child" effect? haha
7) I love that she tries to do what's right. We are always surprised when she gets in trouble, it is really painful for us to discipline her. It does happen, but it's a rare occasion. She has a strong conscious that helps guide her along in life. This is very apparent when she feels remorse for a mistake she's made. When she was little, we couldn't even look at her wrong or she would run away to her room and cry.
8) I love that she loves school and loves to learn. She is a diligent student and tried her best.
9) She is a great receiver. I know this sounds funny, but if you've ever given her a gift then you have witnessed her over-the-top reaction. She truly loves everything. You should have seen her open her party gifts yesterday.
It is a pleasure to be her Mama. She makes everything right in the world. Happy birthday to our Rosy!