Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 19, 2009

The perfect opportunity

Pin It I worked for three years in my field before deciding to stay home when we had Averie. I am so incredibly happy to stay home and am content with putting my work aside for a long while. I feel lucky to even be able to decide. For the last five years, especially at the beginning, I didn't really desire to go back to work. I have, however, always told Cale that I would love to dabble in my field if the right situation ever came up. He has always been incredibly supportive of all my endeavors. We had so much fun finishing school together, starting our first professional jobs out of college together, and he definitely has stood behind my decision to stay home.

Well, the "right situation" fell in my lap. I do not feel it is a coincidence, but a blessing for my welfare. It was all too easy--I saw the open position, was at the right place at the right time to talk with the person deciding, she told me she would hold off on making her decision until I turned in my resume (she had already interviewed all the candidates), had an interview (where I got the time wrong and was 15 minutes late), and then got the call back the same day and was offered the position.

Other than the fact that this job is right up my alley and something that I love and did before, I get to set my own hours! I can work as much as full time or as little as 10 hours a month. I'll do something closer to the latter. It couldn't be more perfect. I am so grateful.

I worked today for the first time. I can't tell you HOW excited I am!!!! It's all about timing. My life is more simple these days, my kids are getting a little older, and I'm feeling the passion again to help people get healthy. It's the little things like this that build my testimony of how our lives are individually guided. I know our Heavenly Father understands MY heart and sees MY personal desires, both spiritually and emotionally. And I know he does the same for you.

8 comments:

Scott and Becky Burdick said...

Congrats! That does sound like the perfect opportunity :) So happy for you!

Marcie Tess said...

I am so happy for you! I had no idea. Good for you Suzette. What a great thing. I am always thinking of something like that I could do here and there to mix up my wonderful life. I love my kids more then anything but love the idea of adult interaction. I wish I did hair... Then I could be social on my own schedule. So happy for you!

The Little's said...

Suzette! I am so excited for you...I'm so glad that the job worked out! I would love to talk to you about this field when you get a chance...I need to learn more! Congrats! I can't wait to hear all about your work adventures!

Anonymous said...

I am really happy for you. It is fantastic that you can make your own hours. What a blessing that is for you and your family. I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

You are sooo right about our Heavenly Father knowing our needs even before we ask Him. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you are where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing. I love you and am excited for you! -Elizabeth

Clarke and Kamie said...

cool! It's always hard to know which direction to go. Some mornings I would love to GO TO WORK:)
congrats!

Washington Hills said...

LOVE IT.

Summer said...

so glad to hear it's off to a good start! They are lucky to have you there. (: